This blog is about another sunroof installation, this time on a 2008 Infiniti G35 4 door sedan. The usual is necessary:
- Clean as much glass up as possible before operating the sunroof in ANY direction.
- Remove covers on each inside to expose four to six torque screws that hold the glass in place.
- Unscrew these screws.
- Lift on each side evenly to prevent more glass from falling into work area.
- Vacuum some more, removing every piece of tempered glass from the work area.
- Place new glass in. Some sunroofs will have a little play in the sunroof’s bracket holes so don’t tighten completely.
- Typically, especially in aftermarket sunroof glass, you want one millimeter below flush in the front, and one millimeter above flush, then tighten and test operation.